The Harry Potter franchise dominated the field workplace from 2001 to 2011 with eight motion pictures launched primarily based off of the massively profitable e-book sequence.
In 2016, Warner Bros. launched a prequel film beneath the Improbable Beasts banner and storyline. Plans for a trilogy of the Improbable Beasts franchise have now been become a 5 film sequence, which may imply nice issues for AT&T Inc (NYSE: T).
Here’s a take a look at how the ten motion pictures launched within the “J.Ok. Rowling’s Wizarding World” have carried out on the field workplace, ranked by worldwide field workplace:
- 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 2 (2011): $1.34 billion
- 2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 1 (2010): $977 million
- 3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001): $975 million
- 4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007): $942 million
- 5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009): $934 million
- 6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Hearth (2005): $896 million
- 7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and techniques (2002): $879 million
- 8. Improbable Beasts and The place to Discover Them (2016): $814 million
- 9. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004): $795 million
- 10. Improbable Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018): $655 million
The home field workplace rankings are as follows:
- 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 2: $381 million
- 2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: $318 million
- 3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: $302 million
- 4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 1: $295 million
- 5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: $292 million
- 6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Hearth: $290 million
- 7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and techniques: $262 million
- 8. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: $250 million
- 9. Improbable Beasts and The place to Discover Them: $234 million
- 10. Improbable Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: $160 million
Associated Hyperlink: WarnerMedia CEO Teases A Reboot Of The Harry Potter Franchise
What The Rankings Imply: It isn’t onerous to see the separation between the Harry Potter and Improbable Beasts motion pictures. Whereas “Improbable Beasts and The place to Discover Them” introduced in $814 million worldwide, the sequel upset with a decrease whole of $655 million.
The home totals from the 2 prequels had been each beneath $250 million. Improbable Beasts opened with $74.4 million domestically, and The Crimes of Grindelwald had a home opening of $62.2 million. The bottom opening for a Harry Potter film domestically was $77.1 million, and sure got here with fewer theaters and decrease ticket costs.
“Improbable Beasts: The Secrets and techniques of Dumbledore” will likely be launched in theaters on April 15, 2022. The film was moved up from a July 15 launch.
The film may very well be necessary because it contains Dumbledore within the title, a widely known character from the Harry Potter franchise. The film may symbolize a turning level for Improbable Beasts, as it’s the third film in a deliberate trilogy become 5 motion pictures.
A take a look at the Harry Potter franchise field workplace exhibits the very best performing motion pictures had been the primary and final within the franchise, which may symbolize a chance for Improbable Beasts to push for a robust fourth and fifth film to climb the Wizarding World franchise leaderboard.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga doesn’t present funding recommendation. All rights reserved.