If you happen to’re solely utilizing a point-of-sale (POS) system for processing gross sales, you’re lacking out. A POS holds a treasure trove of information that may be helpful to your small business. Let’s have a look at the advantages of tapping into POS information assortment and the way you should utilize your point-of-sale information to remarket to clients.
What’s point-of-sale information assortment?
Level-of-sale information assortment is the method of curating and analyzing enter generated by every buyer transaction at your small business. POS information could relate to gross sales and returns, and is collected by in-store programs in addition to on-line retailer platforms.
Level-of-sale information will help a enterprise:
And eventually, top-of-the-line ways in which point-of-sale information will help your small business is by supporting remarketing initiatives.
Associated: How one can use buyer information to develop your small business: Insights from small enterprise house owners
The advantages of utilizing POS information to remarket to clients
Remarketing is the act of sending messages to previous clients and audiences who’ve already proven an curiosity in your small business.
Remarketing is a strong and efficient option to drive repeat enterprise and enhance gross sales.
Contemplate these remarketing statistics:
- Returning clients could spend as much as 67 % greater than new clients.
- It might price 5 occasions extra to herald a brand new buyer than an current one.
- The chance of changing a brand new buyer is simply 5 to twenty %. The chance of changing an current buyer is 60 to 70 %.
Remarketing is a strategic option to enhance gross sales whereas preserving advertising prices down — and POS information is the right software for creating remarketing campaigns.
8 methods to make use of your point-of-sale information to remarket to clients
To get extra out of your POS, take into account these methods to make use of your point-of-sale information to remarket to clients.
1. Create a direct reference to clients
In terms of staying linked with clients, nothing is healthier than having an electronic mail handle or telephone quantity. Many companies deal with getting followers and followers on social media, however that’s an oblique connection. Telephone numbers and electronic mail addresses are direct avenues to determine connections.
By means of textual content and electronic mail advertising, you’ll be able to immediately attain clients when you have got messages to share. Audiences usually tend to see electronic mail and textual content messages than social posts as a result of social media posts typically get buried or have to be promoted to be seen.
Use your point-of-sale system to create a direct reference to clients by gathering their identify, electronic mail and telephone quantity throughout check-out.
2. Create buyer profiles
Upon getting contact info for a buyer, create a profile for them utilizing their info as identifiers. You don’t want the entire buyer’s info. You possibly can create profiles based mostly on a telephone quantity or simply an electronic mail. The extra info you accumulate to get a full image of the shopper, the higher.
Encourage clients to create profiles by:
- Providing incentives resembling coupons and giveaways for making a profile
- Organising buyer loyalty applications that present factors for every buy
- Offering members-only VIP or unique content material
- Cultivating a group that clients need to be part of
3. Find out about clients
Upon getting buyer profiles, you can begin to be taught extra in regards to the individuals who do enterprise with you. Start to trace how clients have interaction with your small business by utilizing your point-of-sale information to trace:
- Services and products bought
- Sort of ordering habits (on-line, in-store, supply, and many others.)
- Frequency of purchases
- Time and date of purchases
- Areas of purchases
The information helps you get to know when clients go to, what services and products they like, and what different choices they may be fascinated by.
4. Mix information from different sources
Level-of-sale information assortment has its limitations–you’ll be able to solely be taught a lot about your clients with that information. However you’ll be able to mix what about clients by merging POS information with info you collect from different sources, making a extra highly effective database.
You possibly can sync the info collected out of your POS with different programs so all buyer information is curated in a single platform. Contemplate the place else you have got buyer info and see for those who can join these platforms along with your POS.
- Buyer relationship supervisor (CRM)
- Social media profiles
- On-line retailer accounts
- App profiles
5. Phase buyer lists
Upon getting curated buyer info, you’ll be able to start to establish particular teams inside your buyer base.
You can begin to section your checklist based mostly on buyer habits, pursuits and actions.
For instance, you might establish clients teams resembling individuals:
- Who solely store on-line
- Who make a month-to-month buy
- Who solely buy gross sales objects
- Who solely go to one location
Create lists inside your buyer database based mostly on actions that present a development or theme.
Associated: Utilizing buyer segments to construct lasting relationships
6. Ship remarketing messaging based mostly on buyer segments
With lists of distinctive buyer segments, you’ll be able to start to craft extra focused advertising messages. Prospects are extra probably to answer advertising messages when they’re associated to one thing the shopper likes, needs or wants.
Use your segments to establish what’s prone to curiosity clients and create associated advertising messages that you simply ship through electronic mail or textual content.
- Ship a free transport coupon to clients who solely store on-line
- Ship an electronic mail with new merchandise to clients who make a month-to-month buy
- Ship an electronic mail with new sale objects to clients who solely buy sale objects
- Solely ship textual content promotions associated to one in every of your places to clients who incessantly go to that location
7. Ship remarketing messaging based mostly on particular person behaviors
Your POS information can let you know about teams of consumers in addition to particular person clients. You need to use information to find out about every buyer and use advertising automation to set off campaigns based mostly on particular person buyer actions and actions.
- If a buyer purchases a product, ship them a promotion for complementary merchandise (resembling sending somebody who purchased a brand new bike an electronic mail with helmet merchandise).
- If a buyer purchases a product, upsell them with an add-on (resembling sending somebody who scheduled a therapeutic massage on-line an electronic mail asking them in the event that they need to add scorching stones to their remedy).
- If a buyer hasn’t visited in a number of weeks, you possibly can ship an electronic mail with a coupon welcoming them to return.
Take what about your clients and their buying habits to craft extra customized advertising messages that supply clients one thing they uniquely need, like and want.
Associated: How one can use personalization to extend gross sales
8. Respect your clients’ privateness
Whereas information is nice for companies, it may possibly have its drawbacks. Prospects have gotten extra involved about their privateness and need to have the ability to make extra selections with regards to how their information is used.
As you discover methods to make use of your point-of-sale information, at all times put your clients first. Arrange gateways that permit your clients to regulate the knowledge you accumulate and provides them choices to choose out at each step.
Associated: 5 greatest practices for buyer information administration
Put your point-of-sale information to work
In case you are seeking to enhance gross sales whereas preserving advertising prices down, take into account how one can mix the ability of point-of-sale information and remarketing.
By combining the 2, you’ll be able to create advertising campaigns that enhance gross sales whereas spending much less and giving clients what they actually need.
Cease ignoring the dear information collected by your POS system. Study from these methods to make use of your point-of-sale information to remarket to clients. Then, broaden your advertising efforts additional by leveraging the web advertising instruments included in GoDaddy’s Digital Advertising and marketing Suite.